As part of the NRFC’s efforts to support the responsible fatherhood field the NRFC hosts a Webinar series. Originally directed toward the Office of Family Assistance-funded Responsible Fatherhood grantee programs, these Webinars focus on a range of programmatic topics, including working with specific populations, evaluation support, and program implementation tools.
Working with Child Support – Effective Strategies from Model State and Local Partnerships
This webinar provided ideas and resources to help responsible fatherhood practitioners understand and meet the needs of non-custodial fathers and their families. It featured an overview of federal, state and local policies, partnerships and initiatives; explained how fatherhood practitioners can partner with local child support offices; and generally explored strategies to help non-custodial fathers and their families.
Goals of Webinar:
Webinar participants will improve their knowledge and understanding of:
- Child Support policies and procedures.
- Strategies and resources that fatherhood practitioners can use to help non-custodial fathers understand and manage their child support responsibilities.
- Examples of successful partnerships between fatherhood programs and child support at the state and local level.
- Ways to develop and maintain effective local partnerships with child support.
- Vicki Turetsky, Commissioner, Office of Child Support Enforcement
- Michael Hayes, Deputy for Family Initiatives in the Child Support Division of the Texas Office of the Attorney General (OAG)
- Cedric Petteway, Responsible Fatherhood Specialist/Child Support Liaison, Center for Urban Families (MD)