The webinar provided ideas and resources to help responsible fatherhood practitioners address issues of domestic violence and promote safe environments for children and families. After this training webinar, participants will improve their knowledge and understanding of:
- The prevalence and impact of domestic violence in U.S. families.
- Ways to work with domestic violence partners to help prevent domestic violence and ensure that referral procedures are in place for appropriate services for abusers and victims.
- Strategies to address domestic violence and engage fathers in the promotion of nonviolence as part of responsible fatherhood work.
- Education and awareness building approaches to raise program participants’ awareness of issues associated with domestic violence.
- Ways to help fatherhood program participants serve as role models for their sons and daughters and ambassadors to their community.
- Jacquelyn Boggess, Center for Family Policy and Practice, Madison, WI
- Michael Jones, Kanawha Institute for Social Research and Action (KISRA), Dunbar, WV
- Ramesh Kathanadhi, Men Stopping Violence, Atlanta, GA
- Nigel Vann, National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse
Do you have something you think is appropriate for the library? Submit Library Resources.