You are here
Who are we?
The National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse is an Office of Family Assistance (OFA) funded national resource for fathers, practitioners, programs/Federal grantees, states, and the public at-large who are serving or interested in supporting strong fathers and families.
The goals of the National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse (NRFC) are to provide, facilitate, and disseminate current research, proven and innovative strategies that will encourage and strengthen fathers and families, and providers of services via the following priorities:
- Robust NRFC Website – www.Fatherhood.gov
- Media Campaign that promotes the Responsible Fatherhood field and efforts of local programs
- Social media engagement
- Development and dissemination of written products that advance responsible fatherhood research and practice
- Outreach and presentations at conferences and events
- National Call Center for dads and practitioners (1-877-4DAD411)
- Virtual Trainings
Fatherhood.gov is a site for:
- Dads looking for tips, hints and even deals for dads and kids – find them on the DadTalk Blog and in the "For Dads" corner
- Fatherhood programs looking to get started or expand – check out the "For Programs" section
- Researchers and policy makers looking for the latest on responsible fatherhood – check out our Library
The National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse (NRFC) is a resource of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Children and Families' (ACF) Office of Family Assistance (OFA).
The Claims Resolution Act of 2010 (CRA) re-authorized funding for the National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse (NRFC). The NRFC was initially funded through the Deficit Reduction Act (2005) for “the development, promotion, and distribution of a media campaign to encourage the appropriate involvement of parents in the life of any child and specifically the issue of responsible fatherhood, and the development of a national clearinghouse to assist States and communities in efforts to promote and support marriage and responsible fatherhood.”
Check out our online calendar for national and regional events, including free NRFC Webinars, for programs and individuals working with fathers and families. View upcoming events, and submit your own.
The NRFC has created a wide variety of resources to support and advance the work of fatherhood professionals and researchers, as well as tips and support for fathers – like our Spotlight on Dads – on ways to Take Time to Be a Dad Today.
Subscribe to receive free Email Updates. Stay up to date with what’s new on the website, new library resources, and upcoming events, like our free Webinar series.