Parents and families are facing new challenges, but one thing hasn’t changed: the importance of dads being involved in their children’s lives. The NRFC is proud to release a series of new Public Service Announcements (PSAs) that encourage fathers to show their “#Dadication” by making time for their kids, even when parenting isn’t easy.
Check out the featured #Dadication video above which, depicts the many ways that a father named Harold is dedicated to showing up everyday for his children.
View the other videos and learn more about the #Dadication PSAs by visiting the #Dadication Page.
The National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse is an Office of Family Assistance (OFA) funded national resource for fathers, practitioners, programs/Federal grantees, states, and the public at-large who are serving or interested in supporting strong fathers and families.
The goals of the National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse (NRFC) are to provide, facilitate, and disseminate current research and proven and innovative strategies that will encourage and strengthen fathers and families and providers of services via the following activities:
- Robust NRFC website – www.Fatherhood.gov
- Media Campaign that promotes the Responsible Fatherhood field and efforts of local programs
- Social media engagement including via Twitter and Facebook
- Development and dissemination of written products that advance responsible fatherhood research and practice
- Outreach and presentations at conferences and events
- National Call Center for dads and practitioners (1-877-4DAD411)
- Virtual trainings
Learn more about our services in our factsheet: NRFC Factsheet
Fatherhood.gov is a site for:
- Dads looking for tips, hints and even deals for dads and kids – find them on the DadTalk Blog and in the For Dads corner
- Fatherhood programs looking to get started or expand – check out the For Programs section
- Researchers and policy makers looking for the latest on responsible fatherhood – check out our Library
Funding for the NRFC is provided through the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005, which authorized the use of funds for “the development, promotion, and distribution of a media campaign to encourage the appropriate involvement of parents in the life of any child and specifically the issue of responsible fatherhood, and the development of a national clearinghouse to assist States and communities in efforts to promote and support marriage and responsible fatherhood.” The NRFC has provided these services since October 2006 and the Claims Resolution Act (CRA) re-authorized funding in 2010.
Thank you for visiting the NRFC! We welcome your comments. You can reach us via email, telephone, fax, or postal mail. We respond to all messages within one business day.