The NRFC Library supports the efforts of the Administration for Children and Families/Office of Family Assistance to promote responsible fatherhood as well as those of practitioners in the field.
- What is in the Library?
- How to Find What You Are Looking For
- What if You Know of a Resource That We Don’t Have?
- What if You Can’t Find What You Need?
The Library has a growing collection of over 1600 records, of which approximately half can be accessed electronically. We collect materials relating to Fatherhood programs, services, curricula and state and local activities that support father/child involvement. This core collection is augmented with materials on fatherhood and child well being, absent and unwed fathers, teenage fathers, difficulties of single parent families, and father involvement in child welfare. We also collect supporting material on effective parenting, marriage and fatherhood, fathers and cultural factors, and fathers and family relationships/family.
The Library collects information on resources in a variety of formats including books, book chapters, curricula, fact sheets, guides, journal articles, program reports and evaluations, tip sheets, and training resources for professionals, researchers, and parents.
For more information, see our Library Policy.
Back to Top
To find information on your topic of interest, you can Browse the Library. Searches can be performed by using the following:
- Keyword – type a word or phrase, which will include results from the title, abstract, and subjects of documents
- Title – type a complete or partial title to find a specific publication
- Author – type an author’s last name or part of an author’s last name to find materials written by that specific author
- Year – type a year to limit to a specific publication year
If you know of or have a resource that you think would be a good addition to our Library, Submit a Resource to us. The Library staff will evaluate the resource for appropriateness, accept or reject the resource, and make information available in the Library for accepted materials.
Back to Top